Mynavi invests in AccioJob startup to expand its HR and Education business in India

One of the leading HR and lifestyle information media companies in Japan, Mynavi Corporation, has invested in edtech and employment support startup AccioJob to further expand its footprints in the human resources space. “In our mission and vision to address pain points in the HR and education space, we at Mynavi are expanding our presence in the Indian market through our latest investment. AccioJob is a perfect fit for our business strategies as we scout for more opportunities in the Indian startups space in the next 3-5 years,” says Hidekazu Ito, Managing Director, Mynavi Solutions India, a subsidiary of Mynavi Corporation.

Mynavi Corporation aims to work at the grassroot level in the field of people and work and feels this new association with AccioJob can help in democratising hiring. “There is a huge mismatch in education backgrounds and salary gaps, especially in fresh graduates. Only 10-20 percent of fresh graduates from sophisticated universities get higher salaries while the remaining 80 percent struggle to get the right job with the right salary as per industry standards. AccioJob is empowering candidates with cohort-based programmes for tech and development and helping them upskill along with placement support,” adds Hidekazu.

Founded by IIT Delhi graduates, AccioJob is a Gurugram-based startup that provides placement solutions for students, colleges and companies. AccioJob’s training programs have placed over 1,000 students across 300+ tech companies in the last year. “Through our recent funding, our objective is to expand and strengthen industry partnerships, and boost awareness within the student community to keep propelling growth,” says Yashwardhan Burad, CEO, AccioJob.

AccioJob aims to simplify freshers' recruitments, promoting them as leaders for tech & dev hiring and helping organisations reduce the deployment cost. The organisation feels their mission can be further propelled with this association. “At AccioJob, our mission is clear: to provide top-tier education, mentorship, and optimal career opportunities to students from any background. Our partnership with Mynavi strengthens this commitment, empowering millions of Indian students to enhance their skills, unlock their potential, and achieve the careers they deserve,” adds Burad on the social impact of this association with Mynavi.

Mynavi’s recent investments have been aimed at bridging skill gaps for freshers and professionals. Mynavi invested in enterprise gig startup Awign in its belief that the latter's sustained growth will have a positive impact on the gig HR space in India. Mynavi also led Unstop, a community engagement and hiring platform for students and graduates, to raise $5 million in its first funding round. The investment round also included participation from Venture Catalysts and other Unicorns that helped Unstop change its status from bootstrapped to funded.